Monday, October 03, 2005

If's weekly challenge 'Float'

Not my usual offering, but something from my archives (due to the problems outlined in the previous post). This piece 'Homage' was my attempt to emulate the work of the fantasy artist known as Brom.
Looking at it now it is so unfinished, I have a habit of letting dust settle on a lot of half baked ideas, but as a learning excercise I think I it was quite rewarding. There is a remote chance that it will look familiar to some people out there as I probably posted this on the web a couple of years ago originally.

Enough waffle.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

4 comments:

carla said...

Hah! She's wonderful, and she looks like the alter-ego of Anonymous' submission this week. I especially like her protruding hipbones and her demurely crossed legs!

Anonymous said...

Quite an erotic submission. The devil does indeed have some interesting long-legged followers. I can see where Carla above is coming from with reference to Anon's submission this week. Nice work.

Detlef
http://www.detlefjumpertz.com

Anonymous said...

*ignoring former comments*
You can tell she has been floating for a long time because of lack of thigh and calf muscles. She floats because she has no eyes and would bump into things otherwise. She has a glandular problem and thinks if she pretends to be tiptoeing no one will notice. Love the gear, better than pink. Those must be gizzards behind her?

Lockjaw said...

Hi Carla/Detlef, do you get the impression Anon is none to keen on the parallels being drawn here }:-}

Anon, I belive your right on the count that shes been floating in limbo a long long time, hence the muscle wastage you identify. However it is clear that it is her glandular problem that has resulted in her being unable to see the ground, therefore she has a developed a deep mistrust of solid ground and much prefering floating as her primary means of mobilization.
No not gizzards, nice flouncy ribbons in pink ;)