Thursday, October 27, 2005

IF's weekly challenge 'Remote' introducing Sputt


(Mixed media: scanned outline, photoshop colour, then inkjet print worked over with felt tip, scanned and tweaked.)

This weeks challenge seemed the perfect opportunity to introduce 'Sputt' at least I think thats what he said his name was as he zoomed by, very little is known regarding his origins but he does seem to have a helpful disposition and must be very intelligent as well as brave if some of the rumours of his 'daring do' are true. I'm sure this won't be the last we see of him, unless ofcourse he doesn't return from the remotest region of the galaxy.

8 comments:

flossy-p said...

That's an impressive technique with all those steps, I wish I had that much dedication. It has turned out fantastic!

Queen Tut said...

Hey there, nice textures you got going there!

Lockjaw said...

Hi flossy, it did end up being rather involved in the end but I'm pleased to hear you think it was worth it.
The drawing was done, scanned and initial colour added at work between jobs (waiting for files to print is tedious). I couldn't finish the colouring on the computer, so I printed it out at home before embarking on my roll as 'Taxi dad'. Then I grabbed a few minutes before bed to try and finish it using the aforementioned kids felt tip pens.

Qt you noticed then I thought it was about time I tried adding texture :)

Todd DeWolf said...

Love the creepy tentacle coming down. Really great illo!

Tony Sarrecchia said...

Great textures on this.

Catnapping said...

this turned out great. i love the texture of the monster tail, and the ship.

PaintMonster said...

Nice illustration !
Especially your color palette is so nice!!

Unknown said...

This is soo much fun! Love it!! Very creative !