Sunday, July 29, 2007

IF 'Moon'



I really enjoyed doing this challenge. This one started out as a sketch on my work deskpad Friday and finished up in Photoshop at home Saturday morning. I'm sure my wife and co-worker are probably thinking that I'm soft in the head for doing this kind of thing, but at the moment its a need that needs answering.

T'was a Hunters Moon that night on Zoon
and a bitter end was to come to soon
for unaware above the ground
a lone young Tweeble was to be found
and at his back with silent stealth
came set with death a loathesome, fearsome Jabbermouth
The end it was, the end it came, for that young Tweeble
Such a shame :(

9 comments:

ming said...

nice illo, like 3 panels of a comic in one frame

studio lolo said...

I love the slug-like jabbermouth. Poor Tweeble though. Tis a shame!

Stacia said...

I like the Jabbermouth too! It has a lot of character in that one frame. Nice ballad too!

Michael Villegas said...

thanks for visiting!

i like the texture you've created in your piece, and "Poem" is a great piece...

thefridayfrog said...

yay!!!! another slug sketcher!

your's is a mean lil sucker!

verrry funny! :)

Rosa Prat said...

wonderful illo! I like it :)

obonifacio.com said...

Your illustration style has a great "greeting card" feel to it. Hope to see your next entry for IF. Keep it up :)

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thanks for the comment on my illo!

I absolutely LOVE yours. That monster is brilliant. I like when things are scary-cute :D

Unknown said...

These characters are so much fun!