Sunday, July 22, 2007

'Poem' IF challenge



My jaw dropped when i saw this weeks IF challenge, my mind boggled at the thought of what visual could convey the truth that lay at the heart of a poem. I began to think about poems to illustrate, but all the while I had a vision of a fountain pen lurking in my mind and the sense that all poetry comes from the 'Heart' - now theres an idea.
I ran with this idea, none of my initial thoughts resembling the finished illo, until I ended up with what I consider to be the three fundametal sources for any 'Poem' - Love, Life and Death.

5 comments:

studio lolo said...

Very nice! I like the symbols used in the pen nibs, especially the sperm for life :)

Rosa Prat said...

wow this is a great piece! I really like it :)

Ricardo Guimaraes said...

Great work!! Great idea!! Congratulations!!

The3rdofThree said...

Your image is perfect for a piece I wrote on my blog. I hope you don't mind if I use the image. I am giving you credit for the work.

Lockjaw said...

No problem the3rdofthree. I appreciate your asking.
I'll pop over later and take a look.